The Head and Neck massage is a popular treatment that works to induce relaxation to the face, head, neck, and shoulder area. Using firm, gentle pressure to relieve tension, the aim is to remove blockages and bring back balance and alignment to the energy channels.
The treatment begins with a head and scalp massage where acupressure points are stimulated to induce relaxation and boost circulation. This is followed by a more gentle and slower face massage where energy lines and pressure points are worked on to increase blood and oxygen circulation to revitalize the face. Next, long deep massage strokes along with pressure points stimulation are applied on the neck and shoulder to relieve kinks and knots, stress and tension.
This treatment works to open up the energy flow and communication channels between the brain to the spinal cord and the rest of the body. Removing the blockages will enhance a feeling of lightness and well-being. This an add-on massage component to complement one of the full massages available and highly recommended if you are wanting to finish a massage session in a totally relaxed and blissful state. Schedule a head and neck massage appointment in Elmhurst, IL today to feel more relaxed and refreshed.
Benefits of the Head and Neck Massage:
- Relieves tension headaches, neck and shoulder stiffness
- Improves concentration and alertness
- Induces general feeling of calmness and relaxation, and promotes a better sleep
- Helps relieve depression and mental stress
- Eases eye strain and sinus problems
- Improves blood and oxygen circulation to the head, face, and scalp areas
- Improves facial complexion, minimizing lines and wrinkles
- Loosens tight muscles and increases flexibility in the neck and shoulders